Bounty's are a favourite chocolate bar of many people, I also loved their ads set stranded on idyllic tropical islands (sounds pretty good to me)! My healthified version is super easy to make and a great treat to accompany your organic coffee!
- Shredded Coconut - 1 cup (organic)
- Coconut Cream - 1/3 cup (organic), use the thick cream at the top of the can
- Stevia Liquid - 20 drops
- Vanilla Bean - 1, seeds scraped out (organic)
- Chocolate - Dark/Milk/White (organic, sugar/dairy free) (can use my base recipe for coconut chocolate and omit blueberries http://www.thenaturopathskitchen.net.au/3-chocolate-hearts-white-choc-blueberry-milk-and-pure-white/)
- In bowl place the coconut, coconut cream, stevia and vanilla bean seeds. Mix well, cover and leave overnight to soften.
- Take the coconut mix out, use a heaped teaspoon to scoop out balls and mould to a perfect ball with your hands. Place back into the fridge to set.
- Over a water bath, place the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and melt, being careful not to let it burn or allow any water into it. Allow to cool a little.
- Take each bounty ball in a dessertspoon and dip into the chocolate to coat and place onto baking paper. Return to the fridge to set.
- This tasty treats are a great snack for kids to help to make and enjoy eating.
- To add some extra flavor try adding some lime or orange zest to the coconut centres (or a little Cointreau for adults).
- Coconut is rich in anti-fungal, anti-microbial fatty acids, so is great for anyone with candida or digestive dysbiosis.