This is my absolute favourite on a hot Australian summer day! The flavours are crisp and refreshing, plus this soup packs a serious nutritional punch! As simple as throwing everything into a blender, this recipe will surely be a favourite of yours in no time. I have been making this soup since my childhood and everyone loves it!
- Tomatoes - 6, cut into quarters
- Red Capsicum - 2-3 (depending on size), coarsely sliced
- Cucumber - 1 long continental or 2 smaller lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- Red Onion - 1/2, quartered
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1/3 cup (organic)
- Olive Oil - 1/4 cup (organic, biodynamic, cold pressed)
- Vegetable Stock - 1 cup (organic) (can use chicken if you prefer)
- Smoked Paprika - 2 teaspoons
- White Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Place all the ingredients (as much as you can fit at a time) into a blender, and blend until smooth. Repeat as needed. Transfer into a suitable container and refrigerate.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, red onion and if you like crumble some goat's cheese. If you like some extra spice add some additional chilli.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of the antioxidant lycopene which is particularly beneficial for men's prostate health.
- If you want to up the ante, try throwing some extra greens into the mix, such as a handful of kale or spinach.
- This recipe is a great detox recipe, perfect for spring cleaning!